Ingredients For Sweet Potato Sausage Soup
- 8 oz. smoked sausage, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 15 oz. can purple hull peas, drained
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
Step By Step Directions: Sweet Potato Sausage Soup
1 Add all the ingredients to a large Dutch oven. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat. When the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low. Place a lid on the pan and simmer the soup for 30 minutes.
2 The sweet potato and vegetables should be tender when ready. Remove the soup from the heat and serve.